Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Tale of Two Pukes

Today I got phone calls from two pukes:

1. a local Torontonian recruiter who wanted to put me into a 3-year 24x7 on-call support contact somewhere in Scarberia [for non-Torontonians: it's some vast badlands where gangs shoot each other every other week in full daylight] [for Vancouverites: it's Surrey but bigger]. She was complaining that my phone screening system prompts her to answer some questions -- of course it does, it's supposed to keep the pukes away.

2. a slick puke from Omaha, Nebraska who dodged my phone screening system pretending he has a job in Texas. He wanted me to take a f/t job doing some C++ boring-stiff stuff in Omaha, Nebraska.

I had to rework the screen to say basically "f/o if you don't have a job where I am willing to go" but phrased in a more obscure and indirect fashion. I hope they can read the subtext.

-ulianov