Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ant & Bēe Strikes Again

I got a cold call from the Toronto office of Ant & Bēe. N.C was calling asking whether I reviewed the job description she sent me. Apparently she used an old Monster ephemeral address (I keep changing them as Monster from time to time pads their bottom line by selling the candidate database to scammers).

Tho I explained to them about the ephemeral address and gave her my current one I never got a job description from her and I've waited for a week. Very unprofessional.

She grilled me in a stern manner as if she was going thru a checklist gave me her e-mail address and demanded that I send the CV so she can hook me up to an Embedded Linux job in Burlington, ON. She did not extend the courtesy of telling me the name of her client and asking whether I've applied at that company already.

Without my asking or permission she submitted me for another job as an Implementation Analyst. Had she read 2 lines from my Resume she would have realised this is not my trade.

Last I heard of N.C she called me "Daniel" in an e-mail (not my name). I got so pissed that I phoned her boss at Ant & Bēe and asked for them to stop contacting me.

This is the most unprofessional agency I've worked with, even worse than Oxford Intl in the US. N.C is the type of recruiter I would give a wide berth.

-ulianov