Friday, December 24, 2010

Hook & Bait, Revisited

I have more thoughts in addition to my previous post on this topic.

I got this automated Monster spa^H^H^Hemail:
Subject: as per your posting on Monster - Embedded Software Developer

Hello MyName, my name is John Doe, a recruiter with XYZ.

I recently came across your posting on Monster while conducting a search for an Embedded Software Developer, and I currently have an opportunity which I feel you would show a strong interest in.

If you could please reach back to me at your earliest convenience we can discuss this opportunity further.

Thank you.

John Doe
Recruiter
[contact info]
I replied to his ad (he's local) asking for job description/pay rate/location and got this reply back:
My supervisor Sean Doe will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss this role in more detail. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Diggin into XYZ's website (BTW don't you wonder why they always have a dumb Flash intro page whose only function is to say "Enter site"?) I learned that XYZ requires that all candidates be seen face to face by the recruiter.

Yet Another Mandatory Waste of My Time (YAMy-WaMyT).

-ulianov