Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Interview w/ C**tiza

I got a call from a recruiter about this job at C**tiza which is a startup in "stealth mode". The job seemed like a fit so I agreed to a phone interview. The hiring manager ended up not calling. Hmm.

Then C**tiza started pushing me to go there for an in-person interview ASAP, now! tomorrow!, skipping the phone step. Normally I need the phone talk so I know what to expect and evaluate whether is worth me going to meet them.

As the company was only 5-minute driving from work I agreed to go there.

Met four guys, engineers, nice people. They were extremely interested in my raw troubleshooting skills. The were extremely secretive about what they are doing at C**tiza. Hmm. Weird and sickening.

The hiring manager stiffed me again as he has in a meeting with some VCs. So I wasted 2.5h and did get to not meet the guy. Their idea was that I should come back at a later date, waste more time and meet the guy.

To make matters worse during the interview a flash flood-type of rain started and soaked my car [inside too as I had my windows open... it was a hot day!] and prevented me from getting to it for a while.

Jul 8 update: I heard back from the recruiter: my skills were good but C**tiza was looking for a 3G/4G guy. Same happened to another candidate. And the job description did not have that. Kind of a crappy place if you ask me.

-ulianov