Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Recruiter's Mini Job-Board or How to Be Annoying

Got a call from a bossy she-recruiter who was hunting for Java skills. She was extremely annoying as she kept asking [and not listening to my answers] what I am doing at the current job (nothing Java) and at the previous job (lots of stuff but very little Java).

Then she urged me to go to her two-bit website and upload my Resume there. I find that quite a few such creeps want me to do that.

Now I know recruiters keep Word Resumes filed in various folders and search them using Windows Explorer's search function for certain keywords. Such is life and this is a trick of their trade.

But the creeps want you to create and account with their sh*tty website, fill umpteenth broken Web forms and then wait for their call. My experience tells me my return from such endeavours is null.

-ulianov

No comments: