Wednesday, January 14, 2015

More Daftness in Canned Opening Lines

This recruiter apparently from NJ (by his phone area code) sends me a message thru M0nster about a job in Montreal, QC, Canada. Strange, eh?

The opening line comes in strongly stating that I've been "shortlisted". Ha?

Also the phrasing & rhythm of sentences is vaguely bizarre, 419-style.

Your profile is shortlisted. Please share your profile.
This position is with direct client.

Skill :C++ developer
Location : Montreal, Canada
Req : #3039419

Looking for a Linux C++ developer, with a background of
working with C++, Python and Networking.

This is a role to work on the core networking technologies
that make up our global low-latency trade plant. The
candidate does not need to come from a finance background.

Qualifications:
·    5+ years of professional experience with C and C++
     on UNIX/Linux
·    A passion for design, problem solving, AND hands-on
     development
·    A strong knowledge of object-oriented design, data
     structures, systems and applications programming,
     and multithreading programming are a plus
·    Good communication skills
·    Financial knowledge and project management experience are a plus but not necessary
Another variation on this theme:
I came across your resume on Monster as one of the top
few individuals that met the requirements for this role
and wanted to reach out to you to see if you would be
interested in an opportunity for a Developer with XYZ
with one of our major clients located conveniently in
Toronto's downtown core.
But wait! there's more of this (does this one think I'm a fellow bottomf^H^H^Hrecruiter?):
Hope you are doing good!

I have gone through your hotlist, hope you have
consultants for the below requirements kindly go
through them and let me know if you have any apt
profiles.
And a bubbly one:
Hi Friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is
J. from XYZ which MI based and I am into Recruitment,
all friends who are into sales kindly add me in your
distribution list and gtalk
And one which is a straight lie:
Hope you are doing good!

I got your resume from your employer, I would like
to submit your resume to my client for the below
position, if you are interested I request you to
provide the details given below