Monday, May 19, 2008

Interview with C**na

Went to Acton, MA to meet C**na. They are five minutes from my work place, next to a beautiful lake.

A fairly typical interview for a US company (6 people in 3 hours) except for:
1. I met the big cheese first thing in the morning instead of last;
2. they did not have me write code or solve trivial problems [which I appreciated!].

Nice people; they want to build a cool new Linux product.

May 27 update: Got a standard rejection note yet with a friendly tone:

The team enjoyed meeting you; however, at this time they
have selected another candidate for the role. If another
role becomes available in the near future I will definitely
let you know.

My translation: (maybe) they liked me but I may not be a fit with their team. Maybe I am biased.

May 28 update: masked company name to get less hits from Google blog searches.

-ulianov