Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Recruiters' Canned Opening Lines

Here are a few standard lines:

  • I noticed your resume on Monster and was very impressed with your background and qualifications.

  • I came across your resume on one of the job-boards and was very impressed by your credentials.

  • I reviewed your resume on the Internet and I believe you are qualified for other opportunities at Some Company

  • [From M$] I am interested in scheduling a phone conversation with you to learn more about your background, interests and experience. please let me know a couple of convenient times to reach you as well as an appropriate telephone number.

  • We noticed your information on the job boards or in our database and thought you may have an interest in an immediate opportunity [...]

Some are childish, use brokn Eenglsh and could be downright annoying:

  • Greetings of the Day!!! Hope you are doing well!!!

  • Hi Associates,
    How are you doing?
    Hope doing Great...

  • Incase you are available please respond back with your rate and contact details, if incase you on a project please let me know your next available date so that we can update our database for future usage.

  • Please let me know your interest in the following position and kindly send me the updated Resume along with following details which are mandatory for submission. [He expects me to fill a form]

As a rule of thumb I do not respond to job ads that peruse "pls.", "kindly" and (especially) "mandatory".

-ulianov

1 comment:

TotallyRecruiter said...

I totally agree! A first impression (email or phone) should start completely professional and without any abbreviations. You are selling the position and company as well as they are explaining their experience.

-Eric