Thursday, May 1, 2008

Perl in NYC

Got contacted by J. McG. from NYC for a PERL Developer/Architect in NYC with B**omberg.

Well NYC is a bit high on the cost of living scale and knowing that in NYC in the financial industry they charge $150/h so I asked for that.

J. McG. said no, f/t only so I quoted 150K/year. The guy called, he had a thick NYC accent (think Sopranos -- a bit scary).

He painted a rosy picture with me in it and said that yeah, relocation+ 150K base+bonus is OK.

He also wanted to know that I am committed or something like that, that is me jumping with joy.

Brief detour: I never commit to anything until I talk to some technical people inside so I get an idea about the scope of the work.

He did not like me not signing in blood and asking for 150K base. So is life.

-ulianov