Friday, June 20, 2008

Another Oxford Drone Calls

I got another call today from an Oxford recruiter. Made a mistake and did not tell her to sod off from the get-go.

She did not have a job at hand, she did not like I am not available for work yesterday and she insisted that I come to downtown Boston to meet with her on Monday.

This may be OK on Planet Oxford but as I was trying to explain to her:
1. it would take me at least 1 1/2 hour to go to/from the burbs to Boston just to meet her;
2. my contract is still running so I would rather work and make money than go downtown and waste about three hours in the process;
3. I have other quasi-firm things lined up in the pipeline that do not require me to go and waste time on a face-to-face with a recruiter [other recruiters don't require that!].

So the was either old-school [I've met this sort of recruiter before] or she was just plain stupid. You decide.

-ulianov

P.S. Talked to a fellow contractor, he said Oxford tried to apply the same BS to him.