Monday, June 2, 2008

Surreal Encounter with Recruiters

Today I got two nincompoops calling me based on my Resume on monster.

First one wanted me to go to Oregon [no, no, not Oregon!], presumably to I**el. Told him to sod off nevertheless he e-mailed me afterwards. The subject of his e-mail was "BACKFILL POSITION"; so we're digging now.

I shall change my Resume on monster to read in font size 40 "NO CALLS FOR OREGON".

Second nincompoop actually is from the agency I work for (!). This is utter lack of professionalism on his side. The funny part is that his SMTP MTA did not set a 'Message-ID' header so my gatekeeper script kept sending him e-mails asking him to pass authorisation. He got five of those. Hope he gets brown pants tomorrow ;)

I fixed the gatekeeper to use the CRC-32 of the Subject header in lieu of Message-ID when the latter is missing. Thus great software is being built on top of a huge pile of corner cases.

-ulianov