Friday, June 13, 2008

Sshh! Recruiters Comunicate Among Themselves

It turns out that recruiters have their own haunts (http://www.recruitingblogs.com/) for blogging and asking questions.

This one by my acquaintance C.F. discusses why candidates refuse to even hear about jobs at some companies.

I had to say NO! on my own recently: a recruiter asked whether he can submit me to a company in MA that has been purchased by a large Chinese corporation.

I have had such an experience with a company like this in Vancouver, BC and I find that:
1. they are very rigid;
2. nothing percolates up the ladder;
3. new ideas/improvements are not welcome;
4. overseas Chinese management is very stubborn;
5. they are very cheap, even stingy when it comes to salaries and benefits.
In the end I left for a better offer out of sheer boredom and the fact that another company were offering me 30% more (the new offer was industry average). Funny but the Chinese company offered to match the offer on the spot.

In short my opinion is that they want drones to do their bidding.

-ulianov